Currently, this 2-kilometer tunnel is partially flooded and, since 1997, has been declared as a sanctuary wintering grounds for bats. The Tisovec entrance is completely flooded, but behind the next switch is Muráň portal which is accessible through the blue Muráň- Tisovec tourist route if the weather is good.
Gemer Connection railways
After the Vienna Arbitration on November 2, 1938, a large part of the territory of southern Slovakia fell to Hungary. After the occupation of the southern territories by the Hungarian army, there were difficulties in the field of transport in the affected regions. One of these areas was also Gemer-Malohont, which lost important railway junctions such as Jesenské, Rimavská Sobota, Tornaľa, Rožňava. As a result, rail transport in this area was cut short and accessible only by public transport. After the declaration of the Slovak state and the stabilization of conditions, the design of new roads began, which would replace the gaps in transport. The new railway line was to connect Tisovec with Slavošovce. The construction of the so-called The Gemer connection lasted until the declaration of the Slovak national Uprsing in August 1944. After the war, completion was still being considered, but as the Czechoslovak Republic was restored to its original borders, construction was definitively completed in 1949. At present, the elements of this building have been preserved in the country, as well as the finished buildings that can be visited either as a tourist or a cyclist. These are the Koprášsky (Mníšanský) viaduct, the Koprášky tunnel, the Tunnel pod Dielikom and the most famous Slavošovský tunnel (Tunnel Pod Homôlkou), which is open to the public and the official cycle route passes through it. The tunnel with its length of 2401 m connects two Slovak regions, it is the longest cycle tunnel in Europe and the third in the world.